.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

So suave it HURTS.

So, last Monday night I went to see Hurts in The Academy on Middle Abbey Street.  I've liked the band since I heard their catchy single 'Better Than Love' last year, and jumped at the chance to see a live performance.  As I've already written a review of my concert experience for Trinity's student newspaper, The University Times I'm not going to just write a repeat review here.  Instead, seeing as this is primarily a fashion blog, I'm going to write a post inspired by the fashionability of Theo Hutchcraft and Adam Anderson who comprise Mancunian synth-pop duo, Hurts.

I think it is safe to say that there are no other British bands today who take such pride in their appearance as Hurts.  As Harry Wormwood in Matilda said; "well oiled hair, clean shave, snappy suit"; I think this phrase sums up the band's aesthetic pretty damn well.  Hurts simply epitomise 'suave'.  They are never seen sans their trademark, impeccably tailored suits, and never, ever allow a hair to fall out of place.  Following a Frank Sinatra-esque tradition of old glamour, Hurts appear cool and collected at all times, and throw beautiful white roses off the stage at their concerts.  Individuality?  I certainly think so.

a photo my boyfriend took at the gig.


as you can see, they're both quite attractive and certainly manage to pull it off.. ;D




Also, here's a link to a video that we took of the encore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7beLeO6I6YA&feature=player_embedded#






"There's a storm on the streets, but you still don't run
Watching and waiting for the rain to come.
And these words wouldn't keep you dry
Or wipe tears from an open sky,
But I know, but I know, but I know I'm right.."

-from 'Silver Lining' by Hurts.