.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

DRESS SHOPPING; the good and the bad.

With my first ever Trinity Ball in just two weeks time, I was starting to stress about finding the perfect dress.  There's a great little boutique in Cork called Amity which I decided would be my first port of call.  Alas, though I found two gorgeous dresses, my size was sold out in both, and I wouldn't be back in Cork on time to collect one had I ordered it in.  Seeing as I had already retired ASOS, Nasty Gal and all my usual online haunts, I had begun to despair a little bit.  However, last Monday when I was in Topshop I found exactly what I was looking for.  Relief.
To accessorize the dress I picked up a pretty cocktail ring and some bright nail polish, and I have yet to find shoes and a bag.  Now I just live in the hope that no one else will turn up in my dress (it's likely, I know.)
(I'll post pictures during the weekend after the Ball.)

Below are a few options (alternative to physically going shopping) when searching for that perfect dress;

Rent it:
I recently came across a website called Girl Meets Dress. This great website offers designer dresses for rent.  Why is this so great?  You'll never have to wear the same dress again, nor will you have to worry about spending way over budget.  From Marchesa to Chloe to Proenza Schouler- they have it all.


hire this Marc Jacobs Rainbow Paillette Dress for £89.
(Retail price; £900.)

hire this Herve Leger Fuschia Dress for £129.
(retail price; £1,252.)


hire this Marchesa Notte Bow Cocktail Dress for £179.
(retail price; £540.)

Thrift It:
Living in Dublin, we're lucky enough to be surrounded by great vintage stores.  There's Harlequin, Wild Child, Lucy's Lounge, 9 Crow Street and Jenny Vander, just to name a few.  If you're skilled at rifling through racks of clothing, then thrifting a dress is certainly for you.  Online options include the Rokit website or Ebay, though I would say that with vintage dresses and such, you're better off trying it on.

Black Velvet & Satin A-Line Dress;
£40, from Rokit.

Purple Satin & Lace Dress;
£45, from Rokit.

Black Sequinned Strapless Peplum Cocktail Dress;
£45, Rokit.

Borrow It:
If you're lucky enough to have a sister or friend who wears the same size; lucky you.  There's absolutely no shame in borrowing a dress, think of all the money you'll save and can spend on makeup/shoes/extra drinks for the night!  The only drawback about wearing a borrowed dress is you've got to be extra careful; you don't want to make your friend an enemy.