.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

DARWIN DEEZ.

I've been slacking off as of late, in all areas, and I have Trinity's 'reading week' to blame!

Last Tuesday night I went to see Darwin Deez in the Academy 2. It was rather a spur of the moment decision as I hadn't been planning it, but I was glad I went all the same. The experience of  Darwin Deez as a live entity was most certainly fascinating and bizarre, yet thoroughly original and undeniably entertaining by all accounts.

The band themselves informed us of the "two-pronged experience" of their shows, and true to their word, many of the songs were broken up with tickling dance routines to the tune of funky mash-up remixes and hip-hop beats. They opened with their single "Up in the Clouds" and by then it was clear that Darwin Deez would do whatever it took to bring a smile to the faces of their fans on this miserable night in November.

Darwin Deez truly engaged the crowd for a feel-good atmosphere, but the sound in the Academy 2 perhaps didn't do them justice as voice and guitars all seemed to be somewhat blurred together throughout their other songs 'Radar Detector', 'Constellations', and 'Bad Day' amongst others.

Though quite a forgettable gig that I probably won't recall this time next year, I can't give Darwin Deez a negative review and I would definitely commend them for their performance which was worth the €15 that I paid for it.