.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

BEACH HOUSE GIG- and Victoria Legrand as a style icon.


Many of the gigs I go to, I go to because I’ve heard the band are really good live, or because I’ve heard one or two of their songs, liked them, and decided to tag along to hear more.  Beach House, however, are a very different story.  Around Christmas last year, I heard my first Beach House track; ‘Norway’, and I have never looked back. 
Glued to the barrier, I waited in anticipation for Beach House to take to the stage.  Hailing from Baltimore, MD, the duo is comprised of the lovely, French-born Victoria Legrand and her cohort Alex Scally, along with their band. 
Beach House, well.. glittered on stage.  They sparkled, they shimmered, and it was magical.  The steady stream of Victoria Legrand’s velvet vocals flowed from the stage and enveloped every corner of the room in a hazy, dream-like aura as they floated through such beautiful songs as ‘Gila’ (my personal favourite), ‘Walk In the Park’, ‘Used To Be’, ‘Norway’ and ‘Ten Mile Stereo’.

So.. I could write an absolutely glowing review of Beach House, because they deserve it, but that’s what I always seem to be doing, isn’t it?  So today, I’m going to focus on Victoria Legrand, vivacious and charismatic front woman of the band, and her inspirational style (in my opinion anyway.)
I immediately noticed, and admired, what Legrand was wearing when she graced the stage with her almost mystical presence.  A simple black collared shirt which was worn buttoned up all the way, a tailored black blazer, black ankle-grazing leggings, and black boots which sported a small-ish heel and Victorian style button hooks.  It was perfectly complimented by her mane of unkempt curls, which dominated her face, and fitted right in with the general ambiance of Beach House.  I loved it.  She looked rather like the love child of Faris Badwan and Morticia Adams; a look which I had never before seen her embrace, as it lay in stark contrast to her usual bright coloured and prettily textured tops look.

When I got home from the concert, I began to trawl through the volumes of Legrand photos which are scattered all over the WWW, and was amazed at what I found.  Call me oblivious, but never before had I looked on her as someone to consult for fashion advice, but little did I know..