.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

DIY Ombre Hair on Dark Dyed Hair

Hi everyone

All this sun has made me want lighter hair so I decided to take the plunge and finally lighten the ends of my hair.

This is just a quick post to show you how I ombre'd my hair, despite having dark dyed reddish brown hair I managed to do it, despite what everyone says.

First of all I'll show you how I wanted it to look;


Firstly I whacked on this stuff, after doing strand tests I decided to leave this on for 55 minutes


And then I decided to tone down the reddish tinge I have in my hair by using a permanent ash brown colour from Garnier, I'm pretty sure it was this one...



I didn't use this on the bleached ends, only on the top half 

Then it looked like this,

Which I did like but it looked a little bit toooo ginger for my liking, so I popped off to Boots and bought some semi permanent dye, making sure it was a more golden colour after reading many scary stories about using ash tones on bleached hair and it going green, yeeeah no.



I didn't leave this on for the full 20 minutes as apparently bleached hair takes dye much quicker, (you can tell I did a lotttt of research right?!) and instead left it on for 15

And thiiiis is the final result, just how I wanted it



Here's a before and after for you
Before



After
 


As long as you get your timings right, I say you CAN ombre your hair even if it's dyed dark!

Just so you know, Boots have a 3 for 2 across allll hair products at the mo so this cost me under £15, much less than a hairdresser would ever have costed I say

Love Sophie xx