.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Color Contrast in Film Posters

With this blog, I am trying to inspire you to look at things in a different way. Being a very visual person, I look to images for my inspiration for designs I create.Much of fashion is based on visual inspiration, look at the collections of many of the top designers. You'll find that an inanimate object or even a concept was the core inspiration behind their clothing lines.

I couldn't help but post about a huge visual trend in cinema. As I was searching through the internet, I came across the film poster to "I Am Number Four," the new movie featuring Alex Pettyfer and Dianna Agron. (I recently posted about a promotional photoshoot they did). 
If you look at film posters as much as I do, you will notice a blue/orange contrast. This is the most used color trend in film marketing. It's also one of those things that you will never forget once you see it. I first came across it a few years ago, and now I see it everywhere. It sort of begs the question, why haven't they tried other color schemes? 
The truth is, just like with fashion some trends become iconic. This is an example of that. Do you think the drastic contrast of black and white is the fashion equivalent to this orange/blue contrast?