.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

VINTAGE Footwear.

The main reason I'm writing this post is to gain insight into my readers' opinions on vintage footwear.


To be honest, I've always avoided second-hand footwear like the plague.
The thought of sharing a shoe with someone who could have sweat into it, not worn socks, or even worse, had some sort of foot infection, has always freaked me out.
And the fact that I don't particularly care for feet hasn't helped me very much either.




HOWEVER, this view was somewhat altered when I was in Urban Outfitters on Wednesday, and spied what were possibly the most perfect boots I have ever seen.
I've been on the hunt for some great black leather boots for quite some time now, and have finally come to accept that what I'm looking for will probably only be available in vintage.
Black, woven leather, lace-up boots with a little heel, they were exactly what I'd been searching for. And what's more, they fit me!


After much humming and hawing, I left the store without the boots.
Why?
Because I simply could not overcome my fear. When the boots were on my feet, I could feel the imprint of the previous owner and found myself almost shuddering at the thought.


Two days later, however, after trawling the internet and finding nothing worth comparing them to, I find myself wondering if I shouldn't just go back and buy the originals.
At €50, the price wasn't outrageous, and they did look great with my jeans..

TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY?; that is the question.

Here are some other vintage boots I encountered on my travels, as I don't have a picture of the pair;

£25, Asos Marketplace.

UPDATE: I finally went back to the shop and took a picture of the boots;
(this picture looks really fake but it was taken against a white floor!)