.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

FARIS BADWAN; A Male Style Post.

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to get to go to Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, where I saw bands such as Foals, Metronomy, Pulp and Yuck.  Though all the bands I saw were amazing (minus the Pretty Reckless, which I won't get into now), the one band who really stood out to me in a fashion sense, and who have done for the past few years, were The Horrors.
(Faris came on stage with a cup of tea rather than alcohol.  Who else could pull this off?)


I've been a fan of The Horrors for quite some time now, and it was great to finally get to see them live.  While most of the other bands appeared on stage in a rocker-esque shirt or jeans, frontman Faris Badwan and his bandmates really took it to the next level, as always.


For this post, I'm going to focus on the constant sense of style possessed by Mr. Faris Badwan, formerly known as Faris Rotter, and the main characteristics of his look.



#1; Insanely Skinny Jeans.


I know that a lot of girls don't like a guy in drainpipes, but I have to admit that I am quite the opposite of this, as I love a guy in skin tight jeans.  Faris doesn't leave much to the imagination with his jeans, which he completely pulls off, as his legs are so long and skinny (bearing in mind, Faris is about 6'5")





#2; Winklepickers.


There's nothing like a smart, pointed men's dress shoe, and Faris Badwan knows this better than anybody.  The combination of his jeans and footwear is a perfect one, and Faris seems to don this look at every occasion.


Paolo Vandini winklepickers (as worn by Faris)


#3; Black, Black, Black.


I think it's fair to say that Faris rarely ventures outside of his signature black monotone unless it's to add in a little bit of grey, though I do remember him having a great red leather jacket at one stage.  Personally, black is probably my favourite colour to wear, and I sometimes have to stop myself buying more.  I think black is a really easy colour to pull off, and it's also very flattering.






#4; Big Hair.


When I saw Faris in person, it seemed to me that he had quite a small face.  In reality though, I think it's just that he has quite big hair which seems to dwarf his face.  Faris' hair hasn't changed much since The Horrors began, perhaps because it's what suits him best.





Faris as an Inspiration;


Ever since I saw Faris, all I've wanted to wear is black.  I've wanted to drop five stone and sprout a pair of legs which resemble beanpoles, and I've wanted to backcomb the hell out of my hair.
I think the reason that I am inspired by Faris is because he is so different from many of the other frontmen of the bands I listen to on a daily basis.  Faris' look embodies the very essence of The Horrors' music.



(the most recent single from The Horrors; Still Life.)