.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

What's in my MAKEUP BAG?


Since I started this blog, I’ve really written nothing about makeup.
I like makeup, a lot. Not to sound all quintessentially girly or anything, but makeup is definitely a big part fashion in my eyes, and constitutes a healthy chunk of my daily routine.  I usually take the time to apply my makeup properly in the morning, unless I’m really stuck for time, and thoroughly enjoy doing so.  Though I am admitedly on quite a tight budget because I am now living the student life, I always spend money on my makeup because I think it’s worth having some decent products at all times.  These are the few essentials I have in my makeup bag at all times.

FOUNDATION: I’ve made my rounds to many of the makeup counters in Brown Thomas, including Mac, Chanel, Lancome, Bobby Brown, Benefit and Clinique. Seeing as I have desperately pale skin, which I can thank both my Irish heritage and lack of iron for, it is often quite hard for me to find foundation which compliments my colouring, without making me look like an Oompa Loompa. Having alternated between Chanel’s ‘Teint Innocence’ in ‘Albatre’, and Mac’s ‘Studio Sculpt’ in shade NC15, I have finally decided that Mac is my favourite. Offering the perfect amount of coverage and keeping my skin hydrated, this is definitely my favourite of the foundations I’ve tried.



POWDER: Powder is a must-have for me. Though not paticularly oily, my skin seems to refuse to allow my makeup to stay in place and after a couple of hours my foundation seems to have slipped off my face completely. The best powder I’ve encountered so far is Lancome’s ‘Poudre Majeur Excellence’ loose powder in shade 01. This is a lovely, light powder, which compliments my foundation and helps keep my makeup in place all day.



MASCARA: Chanel ‘Exceptionnel de Chanel Intense Volume and Curl Mascara’ in no. 10 ‘Smoky Noir’. Black, non-clumpy; simple as.



BRONZER: Because I revel in my pale skin, I use bronzer quite sparingly, only applying it to the apples of my cheeks in place of a blusher. Because I don’t use a lot of it, and certainly don’t use it on a daily basis, I bought myself quite an expensive bronzer- Giorgio Armani’s Mediterranean Palette. This is a bronzer accompanied by a tray of four complimentary eyeshadows. Though quite steep, at €65 a pop, this bronzer has served me well and is not too dark against my skin. For this reason, I love it.



LIPSTICK: I have yet to experience red Chanel lipstick- I have just never gotten around to buying one, though it’s forever on my wishlist. Instead, I use Mac’s ‘Russian Red’. A beautiful deep scarlet shade, it’s perfect for that classic pout!



BLACK EYELINER/EYESHADOW: Rather than layering on eyeliner, when I’m going for a smoky look I usually just use a black eyeshadow and apply it heavily with a slightly dampened brush. The black eyeshadow of choice is Clarins’ ‘Mono Couleur’ in shade 03 ‘Totally Black’.  I also love Mac’s ‘Shadowy Lady’ which is a really deep purple colour (it’s practically black). When I do use eyeliner, I usually use a kohl pencil by Urban Decay rather than a liquid liner (to be quite honest, I’m quite scared of liquid eyeliner after a bad experience!)  On a daily basis, I use a mixture of Lancome and Clarins, blending dark brown and black shades and dusting it over my upper lid only- perfect.

What about you guys? What are the products you can’t live without? What are your beauty regimes?