.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

CHRISTMAS Hot Chocolate.

This really wasn't meant to be a recipe blog.. But every time I discover something new, I can't resist!
I just got home from college today, my dad was supposed to drive up and collect me yesterday, but the ice meant that he couldn't, and so I got the 12 noon train home today with Peter.  This was quite difficult- let's just say that I don't pack light.  But it was so good to finally get here!  Not to say I won't miss Dublin terribly.

When I got back to my house, I really felt like it was Christmas for the first time this year.  All the decorations were up, and my mom had a cinnamon spice candle lighting, so it all felt seasonal and warm.  Seeing as it was absolutely freeeezing outside, and we had marshmallows in the house, I decided what better way to warm up than to make some hot chocolate?  So here's my recipe!

Ingredients:
(I used American measuring cups for the milk!)
4.5 cups of milk (I used semi-skimmed)
8oz of Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate
1 tablespoon of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of instant coffee 
(the coffee is optional, but I think it gives a really nice flavour!)
Marshmallows
or
Cinnamon sticks
or 
Candy canes.

Method:
1. Heat the milk in a saucepan, bring almost to simmering point.
2. Take the saucepan off the heat and stir the chocolate in until it's melted.
3. When the chocolate is melted, stir in the caster sugar, vanilla essence and coffee.
4. Whisk the mixture vigorously until it's a little bubbly on top.
5. Spoon into mugs using a ladle, and float some marshmallows on the top, or alternatively, place a cinnamon stick or candy cane in your mug and let the flavours infuse out of it.