.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

NEW YEARS EVE, 2010.

Christmas makes me lazy..  All that food, all those presents (which, by the way, I still have to post about!  I might do it later today seeing as I have absolutely no plans to move)..  I do believe that this is my first blog post in over a week, and now New Year's Eve is already upon us!

Let me begin by saying that New Years Eve has never been a big deal to me.  Last year was the first year I actually ventured out of doors to a party on the 31st.  I bought a new gold, strapless dress, and hoped for one of the best nights of my life (ok perhaps I'm exaggerating ever so slightly.)  But I don't know why I thought it would be any different to every other night.  It was packed, messy and just generally disappointing.  Let's face it- New Years Eve seems to be a lot of unnecessary hype.

Now before I come across as a cynical killjoy, I must tell you that this year, once again, I will be heading out to celebrate the evening with friends.  We will be starting off in someone's house, and then head on into town where the festivities will be in full swing, I am sure.  Unfortunately, this, the first New Years Eve that I have a boyfriend, will be spent apart from him as he has chosen to go to Kerry with friends for the weekend.  But I can't have it every way I guess- so I can just go ahead and say so long to any aspirations toward the perfect New Years kiss..

Anyway, wallowing aside, what will I be wearing tonight?  I considered wearing the same gold dress I wore last year- it really isn't appropriate for any other occasion- but decided against it.  Instead, I'll be wearing a short red dress with ruffled sleeves.  I bought the dress from A|Wear back in September for 'Traffic Light Night' during Freshers' Week, but decided against wearing it, so it's still got the tags on.  Cheap and cheerful, as A|Wear often is, the dress cost only €45, even though it's made out of lovely light material, and has a belted waist and decadent ruffled sleeves.  And red is the perfect colour for celebrating in, no?  I finished off the dress with a chocolate brown faux fur coat from Penneys, which is wearing exceptionally well considering its low price and presumably equally low quality.  Due to the fact that I'm practically 5"8, I rarely wear heels when I'm going out, and so I'll just wear a pair of plain black patent pumps.  What were you guys doing on NYE?


Happy New Year readers, I hope it's lovely. x  


Tunic Dress- A|Wear, €45.


Faux Fur Coat- Primark, €25.