.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

SUMMER 2011; A Brief Overview.

With my exams having just started yesterday, I can assure you that I am already well and truly exhausted.  Like many bloggers, my time is currently limited and I'm finding it difficult to squeeze in posts.  This overload of academia (ugh) leaves me fantasising about the long summer days to come, and the hours I can fill doing pretty much whatever I please.
Here are a few of my ideas:

Working at Office;
I just found out on Wednesday that I got a job at Office on Grafton St., which of course I am very pleased about.  Obviously it means I won't get to see my family as much as I would have liked, but my job is only part-time which means that I'll hopefully still have time to pop down to Cork and visit them.  My first shift is this Sunday from 12-3.


Spain with Peter;
This year I really wanted a relaxing holiday, and Spain sounds absolutely perfect.  I'll hopefully be staying in the Costa Brava area which is quite close to Barcelona.


Moving into my first apartment;
Though I'm still hunting for the perfect apartment or house with two of my friends, I'm really excited at the prospect of moving in in the next month or two.  I can't believe I'm actually old enough to be looking at properties!


Taking driving lessons;
I'm a pretty good driver, but I feel that I should take some lessons before I attempt the big test.  It would be great if I could pass my test this summer before all these disgusting new rules start applying to me (my provisional license runs out in August.)

My little car

Going to a lot of gigs;
If you're a regular reader, you know by now how much I love live music.  This summer, I hope to go to a good few concerts.  This will begin with Sufjan Stevens (I love him) on May 18th- the tickets were my year anniversary present from Peter, and I cannot wait.
I'll also be playing in Forbidden Fruit festival on the Sunday with Trinity Orchestra which I'm really excited about.


Reading lots of books;
I'm usually a huge bookworm, but this year I really haven't gotten the chance to be.  First on my list?  Finish Brighton Rock.  I'll continue from there, I have volumes of unread books to enjoy.


Clearing out my wardrobe;
I have so many things in my wardrobe which I never wear.  Most of it is quite good quality however, so I'll be donating it to charity.


Spending time with my friends;
Many of my close friends live in Cork, and I don't get to see them as much as I would like.  Hopefully this summer I can have people to stay all the time, as I will have a spare room in my apartment.  I'm really looking forward to catching up and having a few good nights out.


I'm really looking forward to summer, even if it is comprised of a lot of relaxing, with a couple of nice things here and there.  It will be a refreshing break after eight months of college.  
Roll on May 16th!