.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Retro Makeup; A Marilyn Monroe Inspired TUTORIAL.

As I've mentioned numerous times before, Marilyn Monroe is an icon of mine.  I love her effortless style, and the fact that without being a size 0, she was so beautiful.  To me, she is an inspiration- a rags to riches story, before her tragic death at such a young age.

Me, pre-makeup.

Garnier Pure A daily treatment moisturiser
I've loved this for about two years, and I use it under my foundation because it's not greasy, and it gets rid of any unsightly dry spots.

Foundation, powder and eye-primer done.
Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation [in shade no. 10]
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder [in light/medium]
Front Cover shadow base [no idea what this is, I just can't find my Urban Decay eye potion]
I also fill in my eyebrows with MAC eyebrow pencil in 'Stud' [I haven't done it yet here]

Ok, time to start on the eyes..
1. I've already put a shadow base on my eyelids, so I begun by dusting over my eyelid with 'Mushroom', by Urban Decay.
My absolute favourite palette I own is the limited edition Urban Decay Disney Alice in Wonderland 'Book of Shadows', which was a gift from my dad.

The palette includes twelve Urban Decay eyeshadows (renamed), two 24/7 eye pencils ('Flipside' and 'Zero'), and one travel size eyeshadow primer potion.

2. Next I used Benefit's "Eye Bright" pencil to highlight underneath my eyebrows and Ulta's eyeshadow in "Iceland" to highlight the corner of my eyes.


3. I've tried and tested many a liquid eyeliner, and my absolute favourite of them all is Maybelline's "Liner Express"- it provides that heavy black line, which being absolutely fool-proof to use.
Now that your eyes are pretty much done, so just add a thick coat of mascara to finish them off.  I use Maybelline New York's 'The Colossal Volum' Express' mascara, which is my favourite.


4. In every picture of Marilyn I see, I notice that her eyebrows are quite pointed.  While I don't want to go around with triangular eyebrows, I do think we can adapt the pointed eyebrows, but with a more modern feel.  As I have mentioned, I use MAC's eyebrow pencil in "Stud" to fill in my eyebrows.


5. Obviously, Marilyn Monroe's trademark red lips really encapsulate her famous makeup look.
Here I am using MAC's "Russian Red" which is my favourite red lipstick.  My lips can get quite dry, so underneath my lipstick I usually use a thin coat of MAC's lip conditioner (the clear one).
A great lipstick trick I use, is to put a thin line of white eyeliner around my lips and smudge it in after I apply my lipstick.  It really makes your lips stand out, with defined borders [here I used a white Rimmel kohl pencil].


So, this concludes my very first tutorial of any kind;
Let me know what you think- there may be more to follow!